Taking on Politics and Media: Our Latest Bossy Lady
Quite the Bossy Lady, Amanda Terkel is a Senior Political Reporter and Politics Managing Editor at The Huffington Post. Previously, Amanda served as Deputy Research Director at the Center for American Progress and the Managing Editor of ThinkProgress.org. We are so glad she has filled us in with her advice on being a woman in the political media. She is a graduate of Colgate University and can be reached at email@example.com or on Twitter @aterkel.
1. Did you always know that you wanted to have a presence in politics, or has your career path been one that evolved over time?
2. What challenges do you face everyday in the work you do?
3. What are some of the greatest rewards of your job?
4. What advice do you have for young women who want to be involved in politics and the media?
5. What are the unique challenges women deal with in the media?
6. If you were going to start a new reality show what would be the premise?
I think there are plenty of reality shows out there already. I’ll stick to watching “So You Think You Can Dance.”